Monday, September 16, 2013

What is the Internet, Anway?



Watching The Today Show on "What is the Internet Anyway?" really made me laugh. I couldn't believe the host were having a full discussion on what an "@" sign stands for. It was hilarious that they seemed so puzzled by the idea of saying the URL for their own website.  It was amazing to me to see the host talk about the internet and not knowing how dramatically it would change our lives forever. Being that I was born in the early 90's I have always been exposed to computers and other technological devices but as we get older we are seen less as digital natives and more of a digital immigrant because of the rapid growth in technology. As a teacher we always have to keep up with the changing technology in order to reach and understand our kids perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Most people find this funny however, I think I probably said the same thing. As a native, you may not have experienced it yet-- but I'm sure your future students will have something over you!

    ReplyDelete